- Always wear your retainer until your orthodontist instructs otherwise.
- Remove your retainer and deposit in its case when eating.
- Thoroughly clean your retainer daily with a toothbrush, toothpaste and warm water. Efferdent® or similar orthodontic appliance cleaners are permissible but they do not replace brushing.
- Keep your retainer in its case when it isn’t in your mouth
- Practice speaking, reading or singing to get used to your retainer faster. Retainers are breakable! Treat yours with care and call us if it breaks.
- Call us with any questions or concerns as they arise.
- Always bring your retainer to appointments.
- Retainer replacements are expensive! Use care so yours lasts longer.
- Remove your retainer when swimming.
- Keep your retainer away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, washing machines and napkins.